Damer Court is located on Wellington Street Upper in Dublin 7, Dublin's city centre, since 1975.
However we can trace our heritage back 300 years, to 1719, having been originally founded by wealthy benefactor Joseph Damer, as the, since demolished, Damer House located at 27 Parnell Street, a site now part of the nearby ILAC Centre.
We also incorporate Fortick's Charity House, which was established in the year 1755 on Little Denmark Street, by Tristram Fortick, also a wealthy philanthropist.
The combined charitable entity "Damer and Fortrick Charity" now continues to operate Damer Court under the long established Protestant ethos, as the wholly owned charitable subsidiary "Damer & Fortrick Residential Services Limited".
Accommodation in Damer Court continues to be intended for those that are completely self-sufficient and choose to live independently.
The Board of the Damer & Fortrick Charity, and the Directors of Damer & Fortrick Residential Services Ltd, are mainly Church of Ireland members, The Chairman of both is the Very Reverend Dermot Dunne, (Dean of Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin). The Venerable David Pierpoint, (Archdeacon of Dublin), is a member of the Board/Director, and he also acts as chaplain to Damer Court. The other Board Members/Directors are C.W. Christie, Mrs A. Cadoo, alongside the Board Administrator.
Maintaining and enhancing residents’ quality of life.
Preserving residents’ autonomy and guaranteeing free expression of opinion and free choice.
Providing a safe physical and emotional environment within a Christian ethos.
Ensuring residents’ privacy and dignity are respected.
Currently these are
Miriam, Justin and Hicham.
Damer Court is very conveniently located in the north inner city area of Dublin, being within easy walking distance of the surrounding areas of both Phibsborough, Cabra, Drumcondra, and O'Connell Street, Also we are within easy reach of all local amenities, such as shops, post offices, medical needs and most local churches.
Situated a mere 500 metres from the TUD (Technological University Dublin) Grangegorman Campus, and the Mater Hospital, we are also convenient to access DCU (Dublin City University, Trinity College Dublin, Phoenix Park, Croke Park, and the National Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin.
The Luas Green Line Broadstone-DIT tram stop is located nearby, as are other Stops on the Luas Green Line and Luas Red Line, and we are close to the planned Dublin Metro Stations too. There are also several DublinBikes Stations within a few hundred metres of us.
We are conveniently located near most Dublin Bus routes serving the City Centre, as well as to Bus Eireann's Busaras, and Irish Rail's services operating from the Heuston & Connolly train terminals.
We are within the area bordered by North Circular Road, Dorset Street, Dominick Street Upper, and Phibsborough Road, in Dublin 7, bordering with Dublin 1.